Why Leave Mormonism after 30 years?
To order this book please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a donation of any amount, which includes shipping anywhere is the USA. This is a limited offer while supplies last. Also you can place an order for books and ebooks with John Ankerberg at jashow.org.
For a copy of the e-book, CLICK HERE.
7 Reasons We Left Mormonism
1. God Is Progressing and So Are You - The real Christ isn’t there.
1. Nature of Mormon gods (godhood) vs. the Trinity (John 1: 1,3,14, 10:30,38 14:7,11)
2. God Once a Man – “As man is, God once was; as God is, man may be” (Mormon Prophet Lorenzo Snow). “The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s” (LDS D&C 130:22). vs. (John 1:18 4:24; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8; Heb 13: 8,9 Col 1:15; Jere 23:24
3. Christ is the spirit brother of Satan vs. (John 1:3 1 Kings 8:60)
4. LDS preach another Jesus/false christs/false prophets (2 Corinthians 11:4 & 13, Matt 24:24-26)
2. Faith and Works Equal Mormon Salvation - Salvation by grace is not found there; it’s a doctrine of works. vs. (Rom 10:9; 11:6: Gal 2:16,21, 5:4)
1. “For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do” (Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 25:23) vs. Acts 15:11; Rom 3:23-24, 6:14; Eph 2:8,9; John 1:17; 2 Tim 1:8-10; Titus 3:4-7; 2 Cor 12:9-10
3. Temple Works Are Part of Salvation - Mormon doctrine of works & temple covenants are not synonymous with Christ’s own words in the Bible.
1. Christ fulfilled the law (Galatians 3:13, Gal 5:4, John 14:6-7, Matt 5:17, Gal 2:16-21)
2. God does not dwell in Mormon or any temples made by hands (Acts 7:48; Acts 17:24)
- Temple covenants (secret) are made with a false christ. vs. (Jeremiah 7:4; Matt 10:27; John 18:20-21; Acts 7:48; 17:24; Gal 2: 16-21; Rev 2:9; Rev 3:9)
- “If you do not live up to every covenant you make in this temple this day, you will be in my (Satan’s) power.” Statement from LDS Temple endowment. (Eph 5:11,12)
4. Marriage Is Eternal ( Including Polygamy) - Polygamy is still in their scriptures (LDS have 4 standard works: Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants).
1. D & C 132 vs. (Gen 2:22-24; Deut 17:17; Matt 19:4-6; 1 Timothy 3:2,12; Titus 1:6;
1 Cor. 7:2; Eph 5: 28-33)
5. The LDS Church Is the True Church - The words the of an “LDS Prophet” and 12 “apostles” in the LDS church trump Christ’s own words in the Bible.
1. The living prophet is more vital to us than the Bible. (Ezra Taft Benson 1980 at BYU vs. (Mark 13:22: Matt 10:24)
2. Joseph Smith was given power to "lay the foundation of this church,...the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased,..." D&C 1:30
6. Revelation Is an Ongoing Process - Racist scriptures and therefore racist doctrine still exists.
1. Racial Statements in the LDS Scriptures handout from www.utlm.org vs. Gal 3:26-29
2. African Americans were denied the Mormon priesthood until 1978.
7. The Book of Mormon is the Most Correct of Any Book on Earth (including the Bible) - Mormons only believe the Bible “as far as it is translated correctly.”
If Mormon doctrine or prophets’ words conflict with the Bible, the Bible is supposedly not translated correctly. vs. (Matt 24:35; Isaiah 55:11, Jeremiah 29:8-9)